Monday, December 9, 2013

Hat and handlebar mustache

The handlebar mustache is kind of a retro fashion dating back to a different era - specifically from the 1850's to early 1900's.  During that time many men wore fabulous handlebar mustaches and also hats.  The two compliment each other nicely.  So I could not pass up this hat that I found on the clearance rack at a local store.


Handlebar mustache and a hat
Handlebar mustache and a hat

During this current arctic winter weather blast, I have been wearing the hat along with a wool overcoat, gloves and a scarf.  People are telling me that I look very "dapper" and that makes a great package with the mustache.  It's a fun look which I have not gotten used to yet.

One thing that notice in the picture above is how noticeable my tiger stripes are in the mustache with distinctive dark and light streaks.  They are one of my mustache's unique defining characteristics which I rather enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment