Saturday, November 9, 2013

6 month mustache

handlebar mustache after six months of growth
My 6 month handlebar mustache
Tomorrow I consider to be my 6 month anniversary of the beginning of my mustache which I am celebrating with this photograph.  As I have mentioned before, I started from a closely cropped goatee so I can only guess as to how old the mustache really is and I did not attempt to convert it into a handlebar until the end of May, 2013.


This mustache is essentially untrimmed with the exceptions of removing split ends and cutting back a few fast growing hairs that extended beyond the others.  In this picture, the mustache is oiled, than styled with American Crew Fiber, and finally the curls are styled with Clubman.  The day did not start as a good mustache day, but got better. 

Normally I wear the curls a little larger and closer in to my face but today the mustache decided differently.

How does the mustache differ from my expectations?  Well, I am not sure.  It is curlier and more wiry than I expected, but also thicker.  It has been fun watching it mature.

No comments:

Post a Comment