Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Tight curls courtesy of Got2B Glued

Curled tips
The last couple of days, I have reached back in my drawer and got the Got2B tube out for the first time in a while and used it on the curls only (after using American Crew Fiber to get the stache in shape) and found that the tighter curls that it creates seem to give me more compliments. Anyway, here's how I looked yesterday.

Today I did it again and here's how it looks:

handlebar mustache with tight curls
Tight curls, close up
The curls seemed to spring into position when applying the Got2B Glued.  As the glue dried, the curls tightened to form complete 360 degree circles. 

I have a hard time deciding if I look the look of a tighter curls or larger more open ones.  Decisions - decisions.

4 comments:

  1. Helpful blog! I've been working on mine since the end of summer, but I chickened out and just let the ends grow, curling with Clubman and having mostly good mustache days. Lately I've been letting the middle grow, and hopefully with your suggestions about keeping hairs out of my mouth I can have some success with this thing. Some similarities I share with you are the small area above the lip, good comments from young people (I teach high school), and a wife who at first gave me funny looks and now maybe is accepting all of this. Thanks for the details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Matt,

      Thanks for taking the time to write and spending time here.  I am glad that you find this helpful, though I am kind of humbled by it because I am no fashion, styling, or grooming expert.  I am just a guy who thought it would be fun to grow out his mustache and blog about the experience. 

      I am glad that you have decided to not trim the center.  That leads to a much nicer looking and sustainable mustache in my opinion.

      I will leave it to others to explain why a handlebar mustache has such a profound effect on the man who wears it and how others interact with him.  All I can say is that I am having the time of my life and hope that you are too.

      Delete
  2. I use an extremely stiff hair gel on mine also, its called skull and crossbones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've also found it very helpful to use a hair dryer to set the curl to how it pleases my eye. I wore my original handlebar mustache for years and have only recently started growing it out again. As far as the curls go, I'm old school-the bigger, the better...

    ReplyDelete