Monday, January 6, 2014

Trying Lanolin


I finally broke down and got some Lansinoh (100% Lanolin) after for months saying that I was using American Crew Fiber and insisting since its number one ingredient was Lanolin, they were really the same thing. As I approach the 8 month mark, I have entered a frustrating phase where wiry hairs seem to want to everywhere except where I want to style them - especially into my mouth. So, it is time for some new experimentation.

I can now say that they are not the same thing. American Crew Fiber is more like a weak wax where the Lansinoh is more or a conditioner. I can see why many of you guys love the lanolin. It really does lead to softer more manageable hair.

For the last couple of days, I have been using Lansinoh only just to see that how it works. I even wore it while working at the restaurant where I normally like to have my ends put into more tight curls (I pretty much had to go to Got2B glued for them because waxes were just not holding them).

Here's my look with just the lanolin. I am not saying that I am abandoning my American Crew Fiber, but so far I am enjoying using it (except for getting it out of the tube!).

1 comment:

  1. You can get pure lanolin cheap on Ebay. Here is one example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lanolin-Anhydrous-1-2-lb-Soaps-Creams-Lip-Balms-Lotions-/370613383192?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item564a477018

    ReplyDelete