Wednesday, October 16, 2013

English Style without the goatee

At the request of an Englishman on the handlebar forum, I took and posted this picture when he wanted to see how I would look with the English style and no goatee.

In response to the picture, he wrote, "That's a real bobby dazzler me ol' china!"

As my English slang is lacking a bit, I requested a translation and got the following, "Bobby dazzler, northern English colloquialism for specially good looking...,  China (plate), London cockney rhyming slang for "mate" or pal!"

He then wrote, "John, if you're gonna look the look, you gotta talk the talk!!!!"

Hey at least I could understand that.

2 comments:

  1. Really enjoying your journey, great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and commenting.

      I started this blog as my personal diary, but I am glad that others are enjoying as well.

      Delete