Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Milestone: First request from a stranger for a photograph

My milestone today was having a stranger request to take my picture for the first time. I obliged.

I noticed a couple of stares and whispers from an 8 year old +- boy at a table at the restaurant where I work my second job. The party was made up of people from more than one family - the group with the boy had left when one of the woman from the group came up to me.

"Can I ask you a favor?" she asked.

"Sure"

"May I take your picture? I don't know if you noticed it or not, but the other woman's son was fascinated by your mustache. He wondered if it was real. I wanted to get a picture for him... If you're OK with that."

"It's definitely real and that would be fine."

I smiled for the picture after which she thanked me.

I only wish that my picture could have been taken with the boy. I think that we both would have enjoyed that.

No comments:

Post a Comment