Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Don't let it get any longer

Is it too long?
At breakfast my wife said to talk to you for a moment about your mustache? I said sure.
 
"Well, don't let it get any longer than it is right now. I don't really like the way it curls up on the ends."
 
I told her that mustaches don't grow forever, that they eventually reach a terminal length unlike a beard which can get much much longer.  I told her that I was probably nearing that length (but I hope not).
 
She then asked me about my goatee and why I was thinning it (actually I am just trimming it short, I have not thinned it at all).  I told her that the goatee kind of detracted from the mustache and that's why I was deliberately keeping it very so short. I also said that someday the goatee might disappear. 
She said that she liked the goatee. And thought that I should keep it longer. She said she also like my mustache before it got really long.
 
The truth is that the mustache is just now really coming into its full glory. I have become very attached to the compliments I get on it on a daily basis. Shortening would actually make it more difficult to maintain as I am to finally seeing the advantages of being able to just push the hairs aside without having them hang down in my mouth.  Wax and glue are becoming optional most days.
 
I figured that whatever I do, she will eventually get used to it. I am really looking to have an incredible mustache not an average one like every other man.  The mustache exists for my enjoyment, not hers. For now the growing will continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment