Saturday, August 17, 2013

Perfect mustache day ... until I shaved

Me and another family member with whiskers
Lately I have been perfecting my styling technique where I use my index finger to push the top of the mustache down in the front, and then use my thumb to tuck the bottom hairs underneath it and slide them towards the ends.  It works very well and I will elaborate on it in a future post.

The night before last, I used this technique while laying in bed after taking a shower.  Well, I yesterday morning I awoke to a beautiful mustache with nice curls on both sides - no styling product or anything..  Oh, it was going to be a glorious mustache day.  Then I shaved and washed my face and all was lost.  While repeating the technique gave me a very nice center, the tips were wonky and no amount of wax or glue could completely fix them.

Today's picture shows no curls - just a gentle sweep, with the mustache behaving just drawn out to the sides with no product.  I am meeting a client shortly, and have not shaved.  Hmmm, do I dare get the mustache wet and face yesterday's debacle?  No,  The client will just have to live with me unshaved this morning - as he is bearded I don't think that this will be a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment