Thursday, August 1, 2013

Prussian Mustache

Today I decided to go to the opposite extreme of the day before and wear the mustache with the ends tightly curled.  Among the comments that I received was that looked "very Prussian" with the mustache.
 
I replied by saying "thank you" not knowing if a Prussian appearance was a good thing or not.  Though in the context it would be very unusual to be anything but complimentary.  The conversation then switched to my ancestry and if I was of Prussian decent.
 
When I got home I decided to look up Prussian mustache online to see exactly what one looked like. All I could find was articles stating that Hitler preferred a big "Prussian mustache" to the toothbrush style that he wore, but made the change during World War One to enable him to wear a gas mask with a tight seal.  Thankfully he did not corrupt and permanently destroy this style the same way he did with his iconic mustache even though the articles did show a picture of a young Hitler wearing a handlebar.
 
Beyond that, I still don't know what a Prussian mustache looks like beyond perhaps the way I looked tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment