Monday, June 24, 2013

Attacking the Undergrowth

After yesterday's post, I decided to look at the undergrowth and see what I could do about it.  As you may recall, I was suffering from long hairs from underneath that did not want to play nicely with the other hairs which I documented in the picture below.

Hanging Overgrowth messing up the ends


Upon closer examination, I noticed that some of these uncooperative hairs started below the lip line.  So it was time for action.  I individually pulled on every one of the long undergrowth whiskers to see from where it originated.  Those at or under the lip line met the snippers and were trimmed to the length of matching goatee hairs.  Any above it were spared.  Since those below the lip line would never be incorporated into the mustache, I had no reason to allow them to remain.

I think that this trimming cleaned things up quite a bit (but did not completely eliminate) as the undergrowth divergence became much less noticeable.  When styling, I am also reaching behind the overhanging portion of the mustache to also grab undergrowth hairs to better incorporate them.  Like most handlebar styling issues, It is probably going to just take time. 





No comments:

Post a Comment