Thursday, June 13, 2013

Trimmed the Goatee... and I Like It!

After the goatee trim - over exposed on purpose to better show the facial hair.
 
Today I trimmed the goatee but left everything above the mouth untrimmed and I must say that I like the results.Before doing this, there was no difference between the goatee and the mustache.  Both were getting bigger which meant that there was nothing special about the mustache.  But trimming just the goatee now really made the mustache pop and makes it more impressive.  I really didn't trim it too much, but it does make a difference.

At this point I am also differentiating them by combing.  The mustache goes horizontally, and the goatee, connectors and soul page get combed down.  In the past, I never really combed either of them.  When it started getting messy, I just had it trimmed.  The newly-trimmed goatee probably doesn't benefit too much from combing because its short hairs don't move much.  I have no desire to also wax the goatee.  I will pretty much let it do its own thing.  The mustache does benefit from it and even is starting to get some cool wisps at the tips.

I am using a little wax in the mustache to keep it horizontal and keep the hairs from hanging down in front of my mouth.  A couple of stragglers seem to ignore the wax and head that direction anyway.  I only notice them when I am looking in the mirror.  Hopefully they will behave once they get longer.

I am also starting to question my decision to shave off the goatee once the mustache gets larger.  I may want to hold on to it.  I still want to gradually work my way into the handlebar look rather than shave or very shortly trim the goatee.  I still have time to think about it.  Shaving the goatee would cause a shocking change to my appearance, and should only be considered once the mustache has reached the epic state.

No comments:

Post a Comment