Sunday, June 9, 2013

Hair Jell - Great on the Hair, Not So Much on the Mustache.


Today's shot shows me coiffed with hair jell in my hair and mustache after several hours of wear.  
On my hair, it provides an unquestioned success.  It lays nicely, gives volume, and provides a look that I could never get otherwise.  On the mustache, however has mixed results.  By jelling and combing, I am able to keep it off of my lip, but it fails in keeping the ends pointed out.


This closeup shows that with the the jell, I can comb and keep the hairs growing to the sides and off of my lip but no points at the ends.  

I am just on the threshold of having a comb-able mustache which is the first step toward transitioning to handlebars. If I were to remove the goatee and connectors, perhaps the tips of the mustache would more easily define themselves.  I am not ready to do that yet. 

One thing that the closeup picture shows is that I have not been symmetrically shaving.  My right side (left on this picture) extends to my smile line, but I have cut it closer in on the left (my right on this picture).  I am now trying to extend the shaving to the smile line on that side.  

At this point, I am also approaching my normal longest growth before trim.  My wife is starting to nag me that my goatee is looking shaggy, and I use mustache hair on my lip as a reminder that it's time for a barbershop visit for a trim of all things head-hair related (haircut, eyebrow trim, mustache and goatee).  
As my next trim will not include any mustache cutting, it will really start the beginning of the new look.  Up to this point, I really look no different than I do prior to my regular haircut.

Here's the jell that I now using:  LA Looks Power Spikes with a hold rating of 12.  Again, it's great for hair, but not so much for the mustache.  What I really need is mustache wax which cannot be found locally.  Perhaps the reason why we don't see more men with handlebars is the difficulty of getting the wax.






No comments:

Post a Comment