Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Not Sure that I Need to Wax Daily and Goatee Musings

For the last couple of days, I have not been using wax. I really find that my mustache hair is so wiry, that it holds its position pretty well without it. Even the couple of hairs that desire to hang down into my mouth can be finger-combed out of the way. Perhaps I will only need wax or another substance to style the tips and put in curls when the they are finally long enough to do so.
 
While my goatee used to be my pride and joy, I'm really starting to tire of it. It really detracts from the mustache and with its disproportionately large number of white hairs, it really makes me look older.  After fifteen years I am starting to question its future role on my face.
 
At my next haircut, which from the picture you can tell should be coming quite soon, I will have my barber deal with it.  I will have him trim the goatee to be quite short.  He will also make the decision as far as which hairs at the connectors will be part of the mustache, and which ones will remain part of the goatee.  I'm thinking I will like the look of a long mustache and a short goatee.  If not, my chin will expose itself to sunlight for the first time in many years.

While the barbar will work on the goatee and hair, he will not touch the mustache is there will be no trimming on it for a very long time.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment